- Tongue scraping: Our tongue is a prime location for bacteria and toxins to accumulate. Tongue scraping is an Ayurvedic ritual that involves using a copper or stainless-steel scraper to remove this buildup. It not only helps in improving digestion but also enhances the sense of taste.
- Nasya: Nasya is a nasal cleansing technique that involves the application of medicated oil or ghee in the nostrils. It helps in clearing the sinuses, improving breathing, and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga is a self-massage technique that involves the application of warm oil to the body. It helps in improving circulation, reducing stress, and nourishing the skin. Uniquely, Holistic Essentials® provides a wide range of herbal massage oil blends.
- Chyawanprash: Chyawanprash is an Ayurvedic herbal formulation made from a blend of herbs, fruits, and spices, including amla and 30+ Ayurvedic herbs. It helps in promoting digestion, detoxification, and improving immunity.
- Holistic Essentials Ayurvedic Golden Milk: Holistic Essentials Ayurvedic Golden Milk is a blend of herbs and spices that includes turmeric. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent and is also known to have antioxidant and antibacterial properties. It has been traditionally used in Ayurveda to support joint health, promote healthy digestion, and improve overall wellness.
- Pranayama: Pranayama, or breath work, is an integral part of yoga and Ayurveda. It involves various breathing techniques that help in calming the mind, reducing stress, and improving overall health. One simple breathing technique is Nadi Shodhana, or alternate nostril breathing, which involves inhaling through one nostril and exhaling through the other.
- Yoga poses: Yoga is a physical practice that not only helps in improving flexibility and strength but also promotes mental and emotional well-being. Some yoga poses that are particularly beneficial during the month of May include Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation), which is a series of 12 poses that help in energising the body and improving digestion, and Bhujangasana (Cobra pose), which helps in opening up the chest and improving respiratory health.
- Meditation: Meditation is a powerful tool for reducing stress and improving mental clarity. One type of meditation that is particularly effective during the month of May is candle gazing, which involves focusing on the flame of a candle. The Holistic Essential® Serenity Candle is a great option for this practice. Formulated by Dr. Deepa Apte to bring a sense of calm, balancing the five Doshic elements (fire, water, earth, air & space), making it a suitable scent for everyone. Simply light the candle, sit comfortably, and gaze at the flame for a few minutes every day to experience its calming effects.
In particular, the online webinars Introduction to Ayurveda, Daily Beauty Rituals and Yoga for Body Type would be beneficial for anyone looking to enhance their wellbeing through Ayurveda.
Incorporating these daily rituals and practical practices into your routine can help in promoting overall health and well-being. Tongue scraping, Nasya, Abhyanga, Chyawanprash, Ayurvedic Golden Milk and Natural Serenity Candle are some of the Ayurvedic products that can be used to enhance these rituals. Pranayama, yoga, and meditation are all practices that can be done at home and require minimal equipment.
Incorporating small Ayurvedic changes to your daily routine can show a positive impact on your overall wellness and enhance your outlook on life. Be happy and live well!